nafex - [NAFEX] Pine nuts and Paw-Paw seeds

  • From: "Gene Spears" <Spears@LMC.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Pine nuts and Paw-Paw seeds
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 10:56:49 -0500

I am wondering if anyone has first-hand experience with Korean pine
nuts, or any of the edible pine nuts. How productive are the trees, how
tasty are the nuts and how difficult are they to prepare for eating? I'm
thinking of planting a few here in NW NC (zone 6 - southern ski country) but
would like to hear from someone who has some experience with them.
I'm also curious whether anyone has information on the edibility of
paw-paw (Asimina) seeds. The fruit I've run across is chock full of big
seeds - any use for these besides making more paw-paw trees?

thanks in advance,

gene
spears@lmc.edu