nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Corporate farms

  • From: Gary Woods <gwoods@albany.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Corporate farms
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 17:10:16 -0500

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:29:25 -0600, you wrote:

> It costs less to buy a can of most
>vegetables than it costs to buy the rings for canning. Then there is the
>equipment, the jars, and have you checked out the cost of fuel for the
>stove? You can't compete with the commercial producers that way!

Why would you want to, when you can grow produce that's vastly superior.
Most things are better frozen, and my Kentucky Wonder beans are _way_
better than store bought. And don't forget all the old varieties that were
actually bred for taste rather than having the shippability of a hockey
puck.

I confess; I buy most of my food. But the way to impress the ladies is to
serve a home-cooked meal, right out of the garden!