nafex - Re: [NAFEX] autumn Olive allelopathy?

  • From: Rick Valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] autumn Olive allelopathy?
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 09:45:27 -0700

Here we go on the invasive species ride again?
Please remember NAFEX is largely concerned with non-native species (as is
everyone on this list who eats)
Where I am, pear and apple are invasive species.
Green Bay can easily be distinguished from the rest of Lake Michigan from a
satellite due to industry and agriculture.
I don't think I want to eat fish from there, but it's off the fruit
exploration topic.
Can we keep it to how to manage Autumn Olive, and not rave about Zebra
Mussels and probably Kudzu next?
I have found useful things in the Autumn Olive discussion so far.
And if it goes too far into invasive species I will have to start raving
about uprooting apples and pears and burning them to purify the local
ecology.
Only half in jest.

-Rick
in the Willamette Valley