nafex - Re: [NAFEX] autumn Olive allelopathy?

  • From: "Lutesville" <Lutesville@cox.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] autumn Olive allelopathy?
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 13:36:37 -0500

As a beekeeper, I knew Autumn Olive produced lots of nectar. I didn't know
you could eat it, though. Can someone tell me a little about how they are
used? Just basic stuff, like: When do you pick them? Do they need to be
bletted after picking? Are they more sweet or savory? Should they be cooked
or eaten out of hand? Is there a website that tells all? I didn't find them
at Purdue's New Fruit site.

Joyce