nafex - Re: [NAFEX] autumn Olive allelopathy?

  • From: "road's end farm" <organic101@linkny.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] autumn Olive allelopathy?
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 22:33:45 -0400

On Wednesday, October 8, 2003, at 11:44 AM, mIEKAL aND wrote:

In this 1984 scenario lets not forget the clouds of asian lady bugs swarming everywhere right now. They bite like a sand fly & I notice they love to nibble on the figs. Hard pressed to think of uses for them but I would imagine chinese pharmacy has many age old uses for them.

mIEKAL

They eat Colorado potato beetle larvae.

Are you sure that they're eating the figs, rather than eating something else that's eating the figs?

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly