nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Re: nafex Online Exchange Page

  • From: "Erdman, Jim" <ErdmanJ@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Re: nafex Online Exchange Page
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 09:10:51 -0500

Mark Lee [mailto:markl@nytec.com] said:

> I have briefly checked into WIKI in the past. This is the kind of
thing I
> had in mind for an on-line exchange page. A place that can be
maintained by
> the users, similar to a bulletin board, where you post offers and
then
> remove them as items are distributed.

Hello,
I have seen some exchange/for sale pages on some websites that seemed
to work like this, but since many people didn't bother to remove
sold/out-of-date items, it soon became a useless endeavor to use the pages.
It might work if items were automatically deleted after 30 days or some
lesser period of time.
Just my opinion as a not very computer-literate aging list member.
Also, I tried the links that Lawrence London included in his message,
and they were meaningless to me--am I missing something or do I have to join
that list to make use of them?

Jim Erdman, in Menomonie, WI

<<winmail.dat>>