nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Re: nafex Online Exchange Page

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Re: nafex Online Exchange Page
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 22:15:30 -0700

Mark Lee wrote:
Claude,
I have briefly checked into WIKI in the past. This is the kind of thing I
had in mind for an on-line exchange page. A place that can be maintained by
the users, similar to a bulletin board, where you post offers and then
remove them as items are distributed. I would appreciate receiving a link
to a WIKI that might be close to such an exchange page. Have you seen
something similar in the other groups you are involved in? Of course,
anyone of us can set up our own exchange pages, as Bob in SW Florida
offered, but it would be cool to have a site that anyone could post to at
any time, which is what WIKI's are all about.
-Mark Lee, Seattle zone 8a

Try this and see if you think it will work:

http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/agwiki/index.php/OnlineExchange
backlinks are:
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/agwiki/index.php/FruitGrowers
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/agwiki/index.php/Fruit
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/agwiki/index.php/HomePage

If you need one for NAFEX or NAFEX Exchange or whatever you name it) and if
it's
appropriate to do so create one. If you want FruitGrowers changed to a Nafex
name let me know
and I'll delete the one and create the other in its place.

I have a weblog (wikiblog) to add to any/all these pages plus lots of other
plugins, backlinks
and other information and utilities.

I would think someone should write a set of guidelines for exchanging plant
material, i.e. legal issues, plant patents,
and preventing the spread of disease and insects.

I'm working on installing a real weblog (Blosxom) which could also be used
and linked to/from the Wiki.

One particularly nice thing about the Wiki I've installed is that I have an
Upload File plugin working like a charm,
which means you can upload pictures, videos, soundfiles, .pdf's, docs and wp
files until the cows come home
and include them in your wiki pages and page entries for direct viewing
and/or download.

LL
--
L.F.London