nafex - [NAFEX] properly hardened off plants

  • From: Kevin Bradley <kbradley@ttlc.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] properly hardened off plants
  • Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 09:02:45 -0500

Sorry, I think the mistake was in putting them out in the cold, and that a refund would not be reasonable. A nursery can try to write directions for every situation but it doesn't seem to me that that would be necessary in this circumstance. Potted plants, by the way, are an extra expense in labor and materials, allowing a buyer a great advantage in being able to plant out at any time. If its the nursery I think it is, I am amazed at the low prices for potted kiwis and am afraid that they will some day go the way of other nurseries with low prices. Hope you didn't buy a lot of them and that your losses are not too costly. If however, it is a retail nursery that should be used to dealing with the average customer, and you paid a high price per plant, then maybe that would be different.