nafex - Re: [NAFEX] properly hardened off plants

  • From: miekal and <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] properly hardened off plants
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 22:43:36 -0500

amen.

On Sunday, April 6, 2003, at 10:37 PM, list@ginda.us wrote:

You are in Michigan, in zone 5, and it's barely April. A reputable retail company shouldn't be sending you tender green vines until late April, or May, unless you specifically requested it. If they mostly do wholesale, they might be used to shipping to growers with greenhouses. If this was a regular retail operation, I would ask them for a refund or replacement. I've now bought hundreds of plants, (okay, that includes bulbs, but dozens of orders) and have only once asked for a replacement - the plant was mislabelled. So I am not one to rush for a refund. But this really sounds like their fault.

Ginda Fisher