nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pawpaws and butterflies

  • From: Rick Valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pawpaws and butterflies
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 23:22:42 -0700

> To my amazement, the website shows confirmed sightings of the Zebra
> Swallowtail around Rhode Island and eastern Conn

I checked it too, and there were the colored counties; RI was solid! Makes
me wonder what they feed on E. of the Appalachians- not much pawpaw there.
As I said, I never saw the beast in NY or Penn. in my childhood years of
butterfly collecting. A few times in Ohio; piles of 'em in GA and MO. "Rare
at the N. edges of the range" sounds about right.

-Rick