nafex - [NAFEX] Hmmm...what am I missing

  • From: fuwa fuwa usagi <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Hmmm...what am I missing
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 19:31:04 -0800 (PST)

Gang:

I must be missing something here. If apple trees breaking at the graft
union are a major concern why not just drive a metal splice across the graft
union? Carpenters use these all the time in framing to hold things
together, and I simply cannot imagine why you would not do this. I pushed in
splices on my M27 after they were a year old and they just grew over the
metal. I "assume this will not harm the tree and I have been tempted to
drive in a couple more as the tree increases in diameter. Of course I have
limited experience with this as I am a home grower not an orchardist but I
cannot imagine why this would not work.

My two cents...

the little fluffy guy

The Free Email with so much more!