nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pawpaws and butterflies

  • From: "Mark Garrison" <pawpaw1@cox.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pawpaws and butterflies
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 08:35:10 -0500

All,

encouraging was

From: "mangodance" <bmn@iglou.com>

>for an overview of collection records
> describing range and an accounting of the species go to:
http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/resource/distr/lepid/bflyusa/usa/694.htm

To my amazement, the website shows confirmed sightings of the Zebra
Swallowtail around Rhode Island and eastern Conn, so maybe I will begin to
see them in my neighborhood. It also suggests that there must be pawpaws in
the area, contrary to my belief. So I'm absolved of bringing an "exotic"
species to RI (tho as a transplanted Hoosier--an exotic?--I have a hard time
thinkiing of pawpaws as exotic).

Mark Garrison, zone 6 RI