nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Potted citrus

  • From: "jamie" <jamie@tiscali.fr>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Potted citrus
  • Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 16:22:22 +0100

Hello Philip, I'm at the planning stage of a home orchard and would like to
plant some citrus from seed and I'm also in a zone 8b/9a area. What I'd like
to know is how you germinate your seeds or whether you just plant the seed
directly in its permanent location. I'm also interested in knowing how well
the citrus come back from those occasional years where the tree is killed to
the roots (I think about 20 years ago there was a frost down to 10F) and if
there is some simple protection that can be taken (wrapping in fleece for
example) and how effective it is.

Jamie
Souscayrous