nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Potted citrus

  • From: kathryn stout <kathrynwrites@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Potted citrus
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 16:04:57 -0800 (PST)

I think of thick peel as a symptom of too much
nitrogen, or too-fast growth or both--It seems that
our next-door neighbors in (low-humidity) CA decided
to take good care of their orange trees, limbed them
up, watered them a lot, gave them some kind of
chemical shot in the arm fertilizer (I thought,
high-N). Their reward was oranges with thick peels.
Ours, mulched with whatever debris accumulated, left
unfertilized and mostly unwatered, produced the
best-flavored, thinnest-peeled oranges.
You can fuss too much, with citrus.

http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/options/nafex/XXXX@XXXX

=====