nafex - Re: [nafex] Apple sauce production

  • From: LONGDISTSHTR <longdistshtr@shtc.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Cc: Wcmp@aol.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Apple sauce production
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 07:36:22 -0400

Spend your money on the things you enjoyÂ…NOT your bills.
Join beMANY! get LOW rates on your long distance TODAY.
Click for details.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6840/15/_/423498/_/968845067/

Lon J Rombough wrote:

> As with all fruit, applesauce made in a blender will vary a lot with the
> varieties you use. Gravenstein, well ripened, has a lot less of the trait
> described, while other varieties have more. This is where some creative
> blending of varieties will make a difference, just as it does in good cider.
>
> -Lon Rombough
> Grapes, unusual fruits, writing, more, at http://www.hevanet.com/lonrom
>
> ----------
> >From: LONGDISTSHTR <longdistshtr@shtc.net>
> >To: nafex@egroups.com
> >Subject: Re: [nafex] Apple sauce production
> >Date: Tue, Sep 12, 2000, 6:21 PM
> >

> >I've tried the apple sauce by Lon's suggestion. I don't mind it, but I'm
> >sure some purists might find the pectin in the peel objectional. It give
> >s a kind of ropey feel to the sauce. If you like Washington State White
> >House beautiful greenish-white sauce in the pretty can, you probably
> >won't like it. I honestly believe Lon's way gives you more nutrition
> >'tho. Doc Lisenby

Then again, I think it depends on where the apples are grown. Here our
Delicious Apples can't compare with those grown in Washington. No one
can predict how an apple grown in another locale will turn out. I'm
referring mainly to apples grown in the South, which isn't known as
"apple country". Experiment and let us know, please. Doc Lisenby SC