nafex - Re: [nafex] Apple sauce production

  • From: "Bruce & Joyce" <markie-ct@mail.ionet.net>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Apple sauce production
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 15:41:11 -0000

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds! Get rates
Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9146/15/_/423498/_/968791266/

I don't make a lot of applesauce (no trees producing yet), but when I do, I
put
whole apples in a pressure cooker with a rack under them. Add just enough
water
to cover the bottom, and seal the cooker. Bring it up to 10 lbs pressure, and
it
is cooked. Run it through a colander or a food mill, and process as usual. Not
having to peel and core is great for my Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, and I get more
applesauce from the same amount of apples.

Joyce