nafex - Re: [nafex] Bud Grafting

  • From: DocKW@aol.com
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Bud Grafting
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 08:03:26 EDT

Free @Backup service! Click here for your free trial of @Backup.
@Backup is the most convenient way to securely protect and access
your files online. Try it now and receive 300 MyPoints.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6348/15/_/423498/_/968846615/

the tape needs to be stretched tight...you gotta get the 'feel' of doing it.
The grafts heal quickly if they are help tightly in place. The tape
stretches some...play with a piece and stretch it in your hands....if it
breaks you need to lighten up. Stretch it about 75% of its capability and you
have it right. The grafts need to be completely airtight also or they'll dry
out.
In the fall it takes about 3-4 weeks to heal...I sometimes unwrap to see if
it is healing then if it is calloused I may rewrap a bit less tight for a
total time of about 6 weeks...no more.
Karl Olson,,, Zone 5 CT