nafex - Re: [nafex] Apple sauce production

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Cc: W3cmp@aol.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Apple sauce production
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 09:06:57 -0700

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds! Get rates
Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9146/15/_/423498/_/968774785/

For a FAST way, get yourself a good blender - I highly recommend a VITA-MIX.
Core, but
don't peel (the blender will grind the peel completely) the apples. Puree
them in the blender and add whatever
sweetening and spices you like. Cold pack the jars and can them - boil at
least an hour or more. This will also preserve more of the fresh apple
flavor.
I would also strongly suggest you get stainless steel pans and toss the
aluminum
ones - the acids in fruit will dissolve aluminum and you'll get it in the
food. Aluminum accumulates in the body and has been implicated in
connection with Alzheimer's.
-Lon Rombough