nafex - Re: [nafex] Green Gage Plums

  • From: "Kieran or Donna" <redherring@tnaccess.com>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Green Gage Plums
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 13:28:53 -0500

Lucky Pittman wrote:
I've had one in the ground for 6 growing seasons now, and it's never even
blossomed. It's three times the size of any other plum or peach growing in
my orchard, and I've not fertilized it in 3 years, in hopes of stressing it
into fruit production.

Lucky, try throwing some P around it, and then some sawdust on top of that,
maybe you can slow it down and change it's train of thought. The domesticas
grow more upright, and no doubt about it, take longer to start blooming.
But if they don't die from black knot, it seems like they are less likely to
be hit by late freezes, and get less of the brown rot and curculio. At
least, I have picked European plums from the same trees year after year,
whereas the American and Japanese types are more hit or miss. You may find
the long wait was worth it. Donna TN z6

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds! Get rates
Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7872/0/_/423498/_/967145286/