nafex - Re: [nafex] Green Gage Plums

  • From: Naomi Ann Counides <beefalo@rmci.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Green Gage Plums
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 16:39:16 -0600

I loved my Green Gage plum. I got it from the old New York Fruit Testing.
Unfortunately it died after about 7 years. Plum do really well here. It is
hot and sunny. We have been up past 100 for over a month. My plums seem to be
running a bit early. (So are my grapes) But the Burtons have good size though
still green. They are usually ripe in october. The Mirabelle is doing well.
The Elephant Heart, Shiro and Fortune are all near ripeness.
Naomi Counides
Zone 6 Idaho

Kieran or Donna wrote:

> Lon,
> You might consider the source, they get so few heat units in England
> that anything they can grow that's sweet is a big deal. Also, differences
> in soils, in temperatures, may have a great effect. I confess I never
> tasted a greengage in my years in England, so I can't vouch for how they
> taste there. Donna TN z6

Old school buds here:
http://click.egroups.com/1/8020/0/_/423498/_/966723719/