nafex - Re: [nafex] Green Gage Plums

  • From: Richard Tripp <rtripp@u.washington.edu>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Green Gage Plums
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 09:56:47 -0700 (PDT)

Sam: Shiro a Japanese plum ripens about 2 weeks earlier for me, is much
larger than Green Gage(European) and a distinct yellow colour vs greenish
yellow and
much smaller and not the roundish Japanese plum shape.

Dick

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Sam Franc wrote:

> How do you tell if it is a green gage or a shiro?
> Sam
>
> davidu9999@aol.com wrote:
>
> > I vote for Green Gage.? I have a young tree grafted from a mature tree I
> > found near a friends' home.? Having grown and fruited over 100 varieties
> > of
> > plums (while in Mississippi), I rate this as a "keeper".? May not be green
> > gage but it matches the Plums of New York description.
> >
> > David Ulmer
> > Sebastopol, CA
> > USDA zone 8-9
> >
> > p.s. I never grew Green Gage in Mississippi as the Europeans don't do
> > well in
> > the deep south.

Hate housework?...then WIN A MAID....
http://click.egroups.com/1/7009/0/_/423498/_/967049812/