msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Standards for mounted SAR

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Lois Guyon <laguyon2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Standards for mounted SAR
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 21:19:12 -0800 (PST)

We have not started to incorporate the ASTM standards yet, but we are going
to. I have been wondering about the Pony Club manual and what to do with it.
Much of the material is elementary for people who have been riding for
years. By testing on elementary material, will our people (who all need to
re-certify this spring) be insulted? While I have no problem having to
demonstrate basic skills again, I am pretty sure some of our group would
consider this a waste of time.

Lois
La Salle County, IL Sheriff's MSAR Posse