msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Standards for mounted SAR

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Standards for mounted SAR
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 09:20:21 -0700

One thing that concerns me is how much "pointing at ASTM standards"
goes on, without much of anything to back it up. As far as liability
goes, that seems worse than being oblivious.

So, those of you who have adopted the new ASTM standard for MSAR:
How have you adopted it? Have you written a training manual? Have
you developed a test, written or practical? Do you have questions
about how to adopt it? How are you handling the "incorporation by
reference" to the Pony Club manual? Do you require your members to
read it? Do you test them to ensure that they do read it? Do you
expect your members to follow it? Can we help you? Are you ready
for one of us to do a conformance assessment on your materials and
practices?