msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Pelleted feed, ignorance or bliss?

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Claudia LaChance" <Claudia@tqc.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Pelleted feed, ignorance or bliss?
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 12:57:14 -0500

I do have a mare with a history of founder. (before purchase) She is currently on a low starch-low sugar feed from Agway. Pellet form. (Triple Crown Brand)
She is also never stalled, she has access to a barn but she and the other two horses are free to roam an acre sized area 24/7. (that is winter only, they have much more acreage in the spring/summer/fall.) They have access to a good grass hay round bale sheltered from the weather. She is not the mount I'll be using for MSAR. However she has gone on long trail rides (13 miles/ 20 miles) and done great. She is also barefooted.
I have zero problem of colic so far (knock on wood) and she has not had a re-inflamation since I have owned her. I won't feed anything with molasses to any of my horses. That is my option and I take it.

Claudia LaChance
www.horseaddiction.com
http://horselove1.zippyvideos.com