msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Propose to your local AHJ

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Chuck Daniel" <iwhound@voyager.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Propose to your local AHJ
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 18:18:22 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sherry C. Hicks" <shicks@nwinc.net>
To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2006 5:41 PM

The group I am with does vertical recovery and ground SAR. We kinda split
from a group that had a bunch of internal problems. A group of us got fed up
with the bickering, more tiered of people who were there for their own
gains, in the other group and started a new group.

Sounds familar, that is the way our group started. It was even worse, the other group had poor riding skills and that a ditch embancment was a hill. They also would not go out in muddy field. Wow. Small world!!!

Tell me more about the vertical rescue you all do. You can do this privately at the below address.

Anyway, there is a NASAR
instructor who also split from that group. He agreed to spend a couple of
days hitting the high points. Now we have a bunch of independent study to
do, then he will give us the test. We have to pay whatever the fee is to
NASAR, but the instructor donated his time.

Sounds good, you get the best for the least cost.

I have the list of required equipment if anyone is interested. Most of
it is stuff we would take anyway like a good first aid kit and a couple of
flashlights. It hasn't been cheap, but neither is my horse.

Sound good, E-mail me at iwhound@voyager.ent with the list.

Chuck
Kokosing Valley Mounted Search and Rescue
Knox County, Ohio