msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Propose to your local AHJ

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Chuck Daniel" <iwhound@voyager.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Propose to your local AHJ
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 19:31:10 -0500

Chuck, if you anticipate MSAR disaster response - and I heartily approve - I
strongly recommend going after at least basic level cross-training for
disaster response. The CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) program
under Homeland Security would be a great first step and provide a foundation
to build on. Your EM should be aware of available local CERT training, or
visit http://citizencorps.gov/programs
Jorene,
Thanks for the encouragement.
I am CERT trained and NIMS trained also. The trick to getting the rest of the group CERT trained is logistics. To get my certification it involved to multiple weeks and my group does not have the time available. Most are farmers that work late into the evening. The best I can do is become an instructor and train them at our monthly meetings. Do you have any other idea?

PS our CERT team in Knox county is exceeding goals. We are planning a large scale turn mock disaster out in early May.

Chuck
VP KVMSAR

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
Tulare Co SAR - Hasty Team ICP Team
www.ceoates.com/sar
Tulare-Kings CERT
www.tk-cert.org

Learn about Disaster SAR-related discussion on:
www.tk-cert.org/natlsar/