msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR nat'l standards / Propose to your local AHJ

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR nat'l standards / Propose to your local AHJ
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 18:51:09 -0800

Hey, this grandma is well into the over 50 category, too. :)

www.astm.org
- From the links on the left select Search Standards.
- On the Search page enter F2209, click Search

You won't be able to see the entire document unless you purchase it, or have access as a member. And there are references to related documents you'll likely want to see, too. Annual ASTM membership is $75 and you can access all the documents ... as well as vote as drafts of the MSAR national standards go to ballot IF you join as a voting member.

-Jorene

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chuck Daniel" <iwhound@voyager.net>
Jorne
Help me out Please give me detailed instruction on how to find the
document. I'm not sure where to look. Sorry I'm over 50 and them some and
need help.

From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
I suspect that many MSAR teams across the country could get a jump start on
the ASTM MSAR national standards simply by making sure they meet the
ground
SAR standards in ASTM F2209 and related documents, since that appears to
be
a requirement that will be included in the MSAR national standards. ;)
www.astm.org

NASAR SARTECH II meets the national standard, and there are likely county
or
state requirements that are equivalent or close to it. Compare your
existing
fundamental SAR requirements and adjust as needed.