msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Re: mounted patrol testing question

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Tm' Fi <TFinkle@erols.com>
  • To: sanielski@earthlink.net, Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Re: mounted patrol testing question
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:17:55 -0500

Our team standards do not require (or mention) a specific type of saddle, however we do require that all tack be operational condition. Our team members come from an array of riding disciplines and there are very few saddles on the team that are alike. Unless we can secure a sponsor or source for a (uniformed) saddle type, at no cost to our members, we have no plans to address types of saddles.
Tomi`
TROT-SAR
State of Maryland

susan anielski wrote:

Unassisted, one would think, means without the aid or assistance of another
person being required to mount. Equipment attached to the horse such as
stirrups, type of saddle required isn't mentioned anywhere is it?