msar-riders - RE: [MSAR] Re: mounted patrol testing question

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "L. S." <obsar1864@hotmail.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [MSAR] Re: mounted patrol testing question
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:23:29 -0500

[Plain text extracted from an html file that the mailing
list software trapped and diverted to me. -Una]

I have issues with my right knee, so can't mount from the
ground on the right, our dept. allowed someone else to do
that, and I was able to get Shadow slightly down hill so
was able to get mounted from the ground on the left. In
the field, I generally use stumps and rocks and banks if
necessary. I prefer riding with a just snug cinch, so
mounting aids are helpful if I don't have someone to hold
the saddle from the off side.

Lauri