msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Re: mounted patrol testing question

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Re: mounted patrol testing question
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:27:20 -0800

Common practice in MSAR standards is to be able to mount/dismount unassisted, from the ground, from both sides. As someone with BOTH back and knee problems I can relate. I also have a horse short enough that I can reach the stirrup from the ground if there isn't a convenient stump..;)

Perhaps if that person can demonstrate the ability to mount/dismount from the ground unassisted in testing, then if they choose to carry a device to aid them it could be considered a personal accessory?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
Tulare SAR - Hasty Team ICP Team
www.ceoates.com/sar
Tulare-Kings CERT
www.tk-cert.org

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mary Hawes c/o MSAR Maintainer" <msar@ibiblio.org>
I have a question regarding test out procedures. Do you
know if the majority of units test their members on mounting
& dismounting from both sides unaided? I was wondering if
any units out there allow devices to help with mounting such
as portable, folding stools for people with back and knee
problems. Any advice would be much appreciated!
Thank you,
Mary Hawes
mhawes@mlecmn.net