msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] NASAR standards

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] NASAR standards
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:36:41 -0700

From: "Una Smith" <una@lanl.gov>
> Jorene wrote:
> > it is simple enough to just use
> [NASAR's] standard without testing for the NASAR certification.

> I don't agree.
>
> The NASAR standards include hooks to NASAR's own fee-based
> training and testing programs,

Then you must be happy to hear that NASAR plans to make their training and
testing much more available and more affordable. ;)

For liability purposes any organization to be able to claim compatibility
with national standards is certainly less vulnerable than those with "we
made these up" or "we got these from another group" standards.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
Tulare Co, CA
SAR, MSAR, Swiftwater Rescue, US&R,