msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] NASAR standards

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una@lanl.gov>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] NASAR standards
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 08:20:32 -0600

Jorene wrote:
>For liability purposes any organization to be able to claim compatibility
>with national standards is certainly less vulnerable than those with "we
>made these up" or "we got these from another group" standards.

"we made these up"?! That's insulting. Is it in NASAR's
interest, for you to pretend to stand on higher ground than
anyone else?

Any jurisdiction that adopts a standard pro forma, because
an authority (national or not) put it out, is incompetent.

The claim I would expect is this: "the standard we have
adopted has also been adopted by X, Y, and Z" jurisdictions
and is endorsed by "A, B, and C" professional organizations.

Una Smith
Santa Fe County Sheriff's Posse, in New Mexico