msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Training Agenda

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Paul Fleming <pfleming@nwlink.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Training Agenda
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:34:24 -0700

"I have distilled is that yes there is a need for training without horses and yes many MSAR folks aren't going to attend unless they can bring their equines."

This thread has passed through several e-mails and it is treated as it is a serious problem. I was quite surprised by this. It is an attitude problem and easily fixed ( but mostly prevented). You simply make it clear what is expected of potential members

In my unit if you don't met the required training objectives with and without your horse you don't get certified. If you are not certified you don't get called out.

Regards

Paul