msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] ESCAPE 2004

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una@lanl.gov>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] ESCAPE 2004
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 08:47:08 -0600

Bonnie Elster wrote:
>What has been the cost in past years?

Incredibly cheap! ESCAPE 2003 costs were:

registration
-----------------------
NMESC member $25
others $30
late/onsite add $5

lodging $20 or less per night
meals $5-8 each

Instructors pay nothing.

Non-SAR companions are welcome and may register for lodging
and meals. Non-SAR dogs or other animals are *not* welcome.

Participants who brought horses camped out near some large
horse pens. There was piped potable water in the pens, and
we had use of toilets, sinks, and hot showers in an adjacent
cabin. Lodging cost for this was $2 per person per night;
most brought our own food so did not buy conference meals.
I bought some conference meals, and they were a good value.

Una Smith
Santa Fe County Sheriff's Posse, in New Mexico