msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Training Agenda

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Training Agenda
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:06:56 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Fleming" <pfleming@nwlink.com>
> In my unit if you don't met the required training objectives with and
> without your horse you don't get certified. If you are not certified
> you don't get called out.

You're lucky to be in that kind of position. Many MSAR teams are still
wrestling with a transition from the traditional to contemporary and don't
have written MSAR standards, or even written ground SAR standards for their
region. Until those people see the value in the training, there isn't enough
support in the team to enforce training standards.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
Tulare Co, CA
SAR, MSAR, Swiftwater Rescue, US&R,