market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] push seeders

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] push seeders
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 11:23:34 -0500

On Jan 25, 2011, at 10:47 AM, Susan Ventura wrote:

Don't have experience with the Hatfield but would recommend a
"Stand-n-Plant".  We have three of the planters and three of the seeders.
The larger ones I transplanted 72s up to 32s without issue.  I love the
stand-n-plant because it is one person/one hand operation to use and your
other hand is free to load it.  Much better in my opinion than having to use
two hands and two people like the Hatfield requires.

He is a link to the site  http://www.standnplant.com/

Now that looks interesting. If you're working with one person, how do you carry the transplants? and, does it work well with lettuce?