market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Egg prices

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Brigette Leach" <afhg AT ctsmail.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Egg prices
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 11:40:07 -0500

Can't agree with you, Alex. More than 97% of farms in the U.S. are family owned, regardless of size or legal structure. Most of the family owned entities who function as LLC's or other structures labeled as corporate do so for tax purposes, e.g. estate taxes, or to limit exposure to liability risks. Nothing to do with size. Nothing to do with whether they offer superior product or not.

Brigette
SW Michigan