market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Egg prices

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Egg prices
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 14:16:14 EST

Boy I didn't get any politic's out of that at all. Here in Iowa the Egg situation has been a real problem for the mega growers, my daughter in law has home grown eggs and her demand is so high that she can't even start to keep up, and price doesn't seem to be an issue, she get what ever she wants. She took some to the local livestock auction Saturday, and was carrying to the auction, and sold them before she got the inside for 4.00 a dozen, and she had 20 dozen.  No body wants to buy any from the grocery stores around here, they know how fresh these eggs are.  Same day egg's really taste good for breakfast.

Phil from Iowa