market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Egg Prices

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Thamnophis <thamnophis AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Egg Prices
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 15:46:06 -0600

I seem to recall Iowa regs saying you must use new cartons and that
the eggs must be washed with a specific egg cleaning solution. Don't
quote me though - its been awhile since I checked.

Many people get liability insurance. Some markets require it. I was
told by one market manager that they (the market) has liability
insurance that covers all the vendors. (Does this seem possible?)