market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tomato seed

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tomato seed
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 11:32:48 -0500

On Jan 15, 2011, at 11:22 AM, Joan Vibert wrote:

Big Beef has been very good here. Unfortunately (I'd rather not open a can of worms here, so please just ignore the word "unfortunately" if you don't care) it's now Monsanto's.

I'm still growing Big Beef, but looking (so far unsucessfully) for a replacement. I tried growing it out, but have so far had several generations with, not too surprisingly, considerably more variation and somewhat less usable production in the resulting fruit than in Big Beef itself.

Park's Improved Whopper wasn't in their 2010 paper catalogue (I don't have the 2011 paper catalogue yet) and is on sale on their web site. I wonder if they're intending to drop it.