market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Growing Small Grains for CSA and Market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mike Rock <mikerock AT mhtc.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Growing Small Grains for CSA and Market
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 16:43:36 -0600

We have an AC allcrop that a few of us use. I am looking for horse drawn stuff, like JD Mowers and McD mowers and especially grain and corn binders..... Plus I have a good Port Huron threshing machine that works great for everything from flax to oats and barely and wheat.... Might get a clover huller for alfalfa seed. Looking for an old Stover all wooden silo chopper too.

Scrappers have got a lot of it but we have a good junk yard, they give a call if something good comes in. We get it for scrap price plus a few bucks.

Thanks Phil.

Mike

SaladG AT aol.com wrote:
Iron the last few years has kindof went the same direction as corn, so most things have went to the junk yards and crushed. I shop a lot Fastline and you can find a few old gleaners, and some old JD's, but not very close to me so getting one home would cost quite a bit. I'm still looking, found a couple of gleaners in Wi, that may be close enough. Parts on some of these old machines are rather hard to find also.
Phil from Iowa