market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Need Help with Sales

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Robinson <rrobinson AT nasw.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Need Help with Sales
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 08:51:52 -0400

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 10:59:54 -0700 (PDT), Jay Sleichter wrote:

> My problem with marketing and starting a small CSA is this. If I sell too
> much produce through the CSA, it doesn't give me enough to sell at the
> Farmers Market. Does anyone have this same problem. I know that either way I
> still sell the produce. But I don't want to just sit at the Farmers Market
> with empty tables.

I understand the feeling. I'd consider it in terms of the best use of my
time. If you don't have enough to sell to make it worth the trip, you may
want to skip the market that week. And if the CSA is a better return on your
time than the market, grow the CSA, rather than worry about the market.

--
Richard Robinson
www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/