market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Need Help with Sales

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Laurie Allen <lallen8029 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Need Help with Sales
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 08:04:06 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with Brigette, I have heard and read that before.....growers know what they are going to grow and sell before they grow it.

One other tip I have is to contact any caterers in the area.  It could be a selling point for them to use local fresh food.

and I don't know if you have chickens but the cake makers in my area prefer the freshest eggs they can get and are willing to pay for them.

Good Luck, don't give up.