market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Earthway Push Seeder

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Earthway Push Seeder
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 22:07:03 -0500

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 09:46:18PM -0400, Road's End Farm wrote:

> On Apr 23, 2010, at 7:41 PM, Richard Stewart wrote:
>
> > As to the Earthway (same thread different post), I think they are
> > junk.
>
> Been using an Earthway here for over twenty years. Suits me fine.

I agree. The Earthway is a great value and well suited for short
seeding runs in well prepared rows. Much lighter and easier to handle
and carry than the "european". The "european" does handle rougher,
cloddier soil than the Earthway. The Earthway does have the "seed
behind the seed plate" problem that is absent in the "european".

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime 43 days 16 hours 01 minutes