market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] European Push Seeder

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "mdbrabo AT att.net" <mdbrabo AT att.net>
  • To: Unschooler AT lrec.org, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] European Push Seeder
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:16:32 -0500

Leslie,

For brassicas, lettuce and greens we've gone to the 6 row seeder ( http://www.johnnyseeds.com/p-6613-six-row-seeder.aspx) and have had excellent results with standard and pelleted seed. A smooth bed preparation is important with this unit yet the results are worth the extra time.

The walk behind Earthway seeders we use and Planet, Jrs on my AllisChalmers G struggle with smaller seed. Especially with inconsistent germination I believe from varying planting depths.

Peace,
Mike
Vesterbrook Farm, Clarksville MO
Multi-Generational Farm