market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Jang and Earthway

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: John and Katy Ehrlich <johnkaty AT shaw.ca>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Jang and Earthway
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 16:47:22 -0700

I use the Jang for the smaller seeds and the Earthway for larger seeds like Peas and Beans and Beets which I usually do not have to thin.
Corn I start in the ghouse

On 23-Apr-10, at 4:41 PM, Richard Stewart wrote:

Ditto on the AP-1 Jang Clean Seeder.  We've been using it for the last three years now.  The new model is even better.  I have stated several times that this is, hands down, the best push style seeder currently available for doing single rows (I would assume that the two and three seeder models would have the same performance but I have yet to try them).

It costs about the same but the seed wheels will cost extra.  Its worth the cost.

As to the Earthway (same thread different post), I think they are junk.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855