market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Vetting Local Producers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Garth & Kim Travis <gartht AT txcyber.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Vetting Local Producers
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 10:12:12 -0500

Greetings,
I remember seeing that number about 18 years ago when I first looked into the Texas Organic program, but it was quickly changed. My property is also about 400' wide and 2000' deep.

We are not certified organic, we don't believe it would make a difference for us, as we are direct marketers and talk individually with our customers, many of whom have been on the farm for work days.

Bright Blessings,
Garth & Kim Travis
www.TheRoseColoredForest.com
Bedias, Texas

BillOhio wrote:
Thanks! I appreciate the information. I'm not sure where that 200-foot number came from, probably an overheated imagination. Although with the layout of the property, with a woodlot in the center and conventional fields around 3 sides of my 2-acre field, it isn't an optimal situation, that would definitely help.
Thanks again,
Bill