market-farming - [Market-farming] Sweet Potato Slips

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Mac" <gofish54 AT centurytel.net>
  • To: "market-farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Sweet Potato Slips
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 11:06:31 -0400

I am growing sweet potato slips for the first time this year. The weather
was great this week and we worked ground and did other outside stuff.
Therefore I paid little attention to them . . . until today! I have several
that are 2-3 feet long.

Can I cut above each leaf node and start slips from the vines? If I do, will
they be as productive as slips taken close to the tuber? Thanks in advance
for your help. Its raining today in NW MO.

Mac