market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] commercial grade dehydrators

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: KAKerby AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] commercial grade dehydrators
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 00:00:45 EDT

We did get confirmation from WSDA that they don't need to see anything exotic, and they specifically said that a commercial unit was not required.  Rather, all food contact surfaces must be food-grade plastic or metal (plastic is preferred) and that the unit is easily washed.  There's a whole lot of dehydrators that meet those two criteria so we're just going to go with the size and features we need, now that we know the state doesn't get too nitpicky about types.  Husband is a big Cabela's fan and we've already seen a few of their models but we're going to really shop this one and try to find a good price.  If anyone has specific models they love (or that their friends love) let me know.
Kathryn Kerby
frogchorusfarm.com
Snohomish, WA