market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] commercial grade dehydrators

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leslie Moyer <unschooler AT lrec.org>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] commercial grade dehydrators
  • Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 11:36:19 -0500

On 4/8/2010 2:26 PM, Willie McKemie wrote:
On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 01:49:51PM -0400, KAKerby AT aol.com wrote:
Husband and I have both recently come to the conclusion that we need
(not want, but legitimately need) a commercial scale dehydrator
I'm using four Excaliburs;
they are high end relatively cheap plastic "home" dryers.

Excalibur makes commercial size/grade dehydrators, too:
http://www.excaliburdehydrator.com/comercialun.htm

I, too, have a home size Excalibur (the largest one) and did a lot of shopping around before buying it. It is universally accepted as the best in home dehydrators and I have been very, very pleased with it. It does cost more than most of the others on the market, but because it is heated from the back and the fan blows from the back, all racks are dried evenly. I've just been through one garden season with it, but it worked fabulously. I even used it to quickly dry some seeds for saving (though small seeds blow around!) Anyway--if I were looking for a commercial dehydrator, I would definitely start with the Excalibur commercial models.

--Leslie